Saturday, March 3, 2007

"My Word" Week 1--Assignment A

The first assignment for the week is to look at my oldest album and analyze my journaling. I created my very first album in the late 90s and it was completely devoted to my "kids"! These pages tell the story of how we found and eventually decided to adopt the cats. These pages feel like ones I created when I was in high school! The text is in shapes and wraps around the photos. I probably thought it was cute at the time, but now it annoys me because it isn't easy to read. I did add a bit of emotion to the story as we adopted them right around the time my Grandma passed away, but it is lost in the "creative" shape of my journaling. I got over that fairly quickly...of course, I just stopped journaling throughout the rest of the album. I have one page that has the penciled in journaling guides that are still blank. I started my bad habit early in my scrapbooking career! LOL!

By looking at these pages, I've come to the realization that I haven't scrapbooked about my cats in about 8 years! I take hundreds of photos of them...especially with my new camera...but those photos remain on my computer. They are getting older, and I don't want to lose the stories of the things I love about them. It isn't enough to simply have the photos, I need to remember the details, because I know they won't be around for much longer. Honestly, I thought Tanis was going to die a few months ago, so I need to get on top of this right now! The good news is that I bought some cute cat paper from CTMH, so now all I need to do is print the photos and start telling the stories of my "babies"!

No comments: